We know a sustainable product isn't only what's inside or how it's wrapped, this includes how it's manufactured, employee work environments, waste management, energy usage, and much more. We know that the environmental impacts from our direct operations are much smaller than the impacts from our products, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t committed to doing what we can to address our operational footprint. It is important to us that we not only take a comprehensive approach to sustainability, but it is also critical that we espouse the values we promote through our brand.
To excel in every aspect, we do our best on:
- minimize traveling: We would love it if we could meet with our customers and other important stakeholders without flying and driving all around the country. Not only would our carbon footprint be smaller, but our friends and family would probably appreciate seeing us more
- Ensuring all the electricity we use is from renewable sources
- Making efforts to continually reduce our carbon footprint by the way we run our business, and purchasing the necessary carbon offsets for operating our business operations, manufacturing, product shipping, and corporate travel at year end
- Utilizing electronic and fully automated management systems to dramatically reduce paper, printing, and copying usage and supplies
- Employing warehousing facilities that use natural daylight, energy efficient lighting, electric forklifts, and full recycling programs for all corrugate shipping boxes
- Seeking partners who abide by our Supplier's Code of Conduct that addresses three major areas: human rights, environment, and documentation.
- Ensuring all built and renovated offices spaces utilize low-impact, non-toxic, and sustainable materials – from furnishings and water filtration, to interior lighting, no-VOC paints, and beyondIncentivizing eco-friendly transportation like biking, ride-sharing, public transportation, and alternative fuel/hybrid vehicles
- Seeking the most-credible suppliers and raw materials manufacturers who are geographically located as close to our operational headquarters as possible
- Shipping efficiently by shipping as infrequently and as short of a distance as possible and by encouraging our customers to bulk order and avoid expedited shipping
- Choosing ground shipping whenever possible, as expedited air frieght generally uses six times more energy than ground shipping (we offer air shipping, despite its high environmental impact, as we understand the need for customer satisfaction and convenience as one of our important business promises)